Monday 13 January 2014

Pigs in Mud Cake

The Pigs in Mud cake was first made for my mam and dads anniversary. However, this cake was made for a 3rd birthday. It was a chocolate cake, that was filled with butter cream and covered with chocolate ganache. I then put chocolate fingers around the outside of the cake. I then made the pigs out of white icing (which was mixed with a very small amount of Sugaflair Paprika / flesh colour). To make the heads I rolled a ball, squashed a small amount of icing and made small ovals for the ears. I stuck all of the pieces together with water and drawn two black dots for eyes. For the bottoms,, I rolled out balls and then I rolled out icing between my fingers and wrapped it around a pin tool. I then took it off the pin tool and stuck to the icing ball with water. I finally drawn a line with the pin tool and then I pushed the parts into the chocolate ganache, which had not completely set at the time. I finally rolled out some white fondant and cut out the name.

To see more of our work or to contact us, please visit our Facebook Page (Newton's Cakes).

No comments:

Post a Comment